The mission of the RC24 Foundation is to positively impact the lives of underserved children and communities from New York to the Dominican Republic, both locally and globally. The Foundation has established and engaged in various initiatives that expand opportunities for improved outcomes in the areas of youth development and community healthcare.
Past and current initiatives include:
Distribution of Resources in San Pedro De Macoris, Dominican Republic:
- In collaboration with on-the-ground partners, the RC24 Foundation donated 8 ambulances, 300 lbs. of medical supplies, and provided funding for training of local paramedic crews by NJ-based company Fuchs EMS to serve the healthcare needs of members of the San Pedro community where nearly 47.8% are living in poverty, compared to the Dominican Republic’s national average of 40.9%.
- RC24 Foundation distributed 7,000 toys in the city of San Pedro where 40% of residents are 18 years or younger.
Support to Medical Institutions & Terminally Ill Families:
- Since 2005, Robinson Cano has regularly visited terminally ill patients at Hackensack University Medical Center, New Jersey, where “The Robinson Cano Pediatric Physical and Occupational Therapy Suite” has been established.
- With his father, Jose Cano, Robinson Cano visited ill children at the Taichung’s China Medical University Hospital in Taiwan in 2011.
- RC24 Foundation established “Grand Slam Wishes,” a monthly initiative that allows terminally ill children to experience a VIP day with the Yankees. These children observe batting practice and watch a Yankee game with their families, meet some of the NY Yankee players, and receive signed keepsakes.
“Robinson Cano personifies philanthropy – his unwavering commitment to the kids is one of a kind.”
–David Jurist, co-president of the Tomorrows Children’s Fund, member of Hackensack University Medical Center’s Advisory Board of Directors, former longtime member of Hackensack University Medical Center’s Board of Governors.
The RC24 Foundation
c/o 1450 Brickell Ave, 18th FL,
Miami, FL 33131